Here is the text of a model resolution if you want to get your union branch to support the December 6th climate change demonstration or the Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union Conference (CCCTU) in March 2009
This branch recognises:
- That Climate Change is an issue of increasing concern, with the latest scientific evidence showing that the world is warming faster than expected.
- The changing climate will lead to more flooding, droughts, famine and hurricanes across the globe affecting the poorest in society first and greatest across the globe.
- Climate Change has become a major issue for Trade Unions, many of whom have supported climate events in the last year, including the Campaign Against Climate Change (CaCC) Trade Union conference, where over 300 delegates heard leading Trade Union figures and MPs commit their unions to campaigning over the issue.
- This December will see the latest in a series of United Nations discussions about a replacement to the Kyoto Agreement, in Poznan, Poland.
This branch therefore resolves to:
1) Support, publicise and encourage members to attend the CaCC demonstration in London on Saturday December 6th, calling for immediate concrete government action on climate change.
2) Support, publicise and encourage members to attend the second Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union Conference (CCCTU) in London on Saturday 7th March 2009.
3) Donate £___ to the organisers towards the cost of the conference.
4) Sponsor the CCCTU conference in the name of this Branch.
5) Send our banner to both events.
Please send cheques, payable to “Campaign Against Climate Change” to
CCC TU conference
PO Box 417