Get you branch to support this conference by putting our model resolution.
This branch recognises:
· That Climate Change is an issue of enormous concern. Latest scientific evidence shows that the world is warming faster than expected.
· The changing climate will lead to more flooding, droughts, famine and hurricanes across the globe affecting the poorest in society first and greatest across the globe.
· The Copenhagen conference failed to agree a response that will do enough to address the problem of climate change.
· Climate Change is a major issue for Trade Unions, many of whom have supported climate events in the last year.
· We need government investment in green industries such as renewable energy, insulation of all homes and workplaces, re-skilling of workers and research into further technological development. This will create or save tens of thousands of jobs at a time when many are concerned for their own future employment.#
· The launch of the “Million Climate Jobs” campaign, by the Campaign Against Climate Change, supported by the PCS, CWU, UCU and TSSA unions.
· The Third Trade Union conference on Climate Change taking place on March 13th.
This branch therefore resolves to:
1. Support, publicise and encourage members to attend the third Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union Conference (CCCTU) in London on Saturday 13th March 2010.
2. Donate £___ to the organisers towards the cost of the conference and sponsor the CCCTU conference in the name of this Branch.
3. Order ____ copies of the “Million Climate Jobs pamphlet” at £2 each
4. Send our banner to both events.
Please send cheques, payable to “Campaign Against Climate Change” to
CCC TU conference
c/o Martin Empson
611 Canon Green Court
West King Street
For more information on the CaCC Trade Union group,
contact Martin 079 585 35 231
or email email@example.com